15 things to do in Eastleigh this Summer:
Summer is here! Do you need ideas on what to do? Schools out, you need ideas to keep the children busy! Check out Eastleigh BID’s 15 ideas on how to make the most of Eastleigh in the next month. Fingers crossed the sun stays out this August!
Eastleigh BID’s Urban Beach: Tuesday 1st August to Thursday 31st August – FREE
Great news! Eastleigh has its very own Urban Beach coming to town for the whole of August! No need to spend lots of money to travel to Bournemouth or Brighton. Pop along to the beach before or after your weekly shop. Bring your buckets and spades and build your very best sand castle. Eastleigh BID deckchairs will be provided and entertainment every Tuesday and Saturday will be there. From Magic shows to Mobile Petting Farms, right through to Face Painting and Circus Workshops, there’s something for everyone this summer in Eastleigh.
Urban Beach Entertainment:
- Tuesday 1st & Tuesday 29th August: Honeypot Children’s Charity are bringing their play bus to town, filled with lots of beach and pirate themed activities on board!
- Saturday 5th August: Longdown Mobile Farm is coming to Eastleigh Town Centre! Fancy cuddling a chick? Stroking a sheep or just having a look at some lovely, friendly farm animals? Come on down to Wells Place between 11am-2pm to have your FREE farm yard experience.
- Saturday 5th August: Hollywood Bowl are bringing their inflatable bowling alley to Urban Beach!
- Saturday 12th August: Silly Scott comes to town with his Magic Show starting at 11am, followed by balloon making for all the children to enjoy for FREE.
- Saturday 19th August: FREE face painting will be available for all between 11am-2pm.
- Saturday 26th August: 11am-1pm, FREE to attend, Jake will be carrying out his circus workshops.
2. Park Sport: Monday 31st July to Friday 1st September
Eastleigh Borough Council’s Park Sport programme offers children aged 8-16 years access to high quality sport taster sessions throughout the summer holidays.
- All activities are just £2 booking fee per child per session.
- Activities take place across Eastleigh, from Chandler’s Ford right down the Netley.
- For a full brochure of activities and bookings can be made here.
3. Fleming Park: Bounce About – Every Tuesday & Thursday at 9.30 and 10.30am
Let your children BOUNCE off some energy at Bounce About!
- Your children can enjoy 55 min of fun on the Bounce Castles and Soft Play Equipment
- Holiday Session: We will be running over the summer holidays – every Tuesday and Thursday at 9.30am and 10.30am
- PRICE: £3.30 per child
- Suitable for children aged 14 months-4 years.
4. FREE SWIMMING THIS SUMMER
Park Sport Free Swimming
- Free swimming for under 16’s is back again this summer as part of Park Sport.
- Sessions available at Fleming Park Leisure Centre, Wildern Leisure Centre and Hamble Sports Complex
- Register and take part at your participating centre from 31 July 2017.
- Terms and conditions apply.
- For a full timetable and T&Cs please click here.
5. SUMMER OF SPORT 2017
Starting can be the hardest part to leading an active lifestyle.
Summer of Sport is offering adults the chance to try something new with £2 beginner taster sessions is various sports and activities. All sessions are tailored for those who are new to exercise and delivered by the best local providers.
Activities on offer include archery, badminton, cycling, dance DDMIX, fishing, golf, softball, sailing, tennis and more! And yes, all for just £2 booking fee per person per session.
The programme runs from 31 July to 1 September 2017.
To view a full brochure and to book, click here.
6. Things to do at Eastleigh Library:
7. Eastleigh BID’s Live Music Sunday – Sunday 27th August
8. Subway’s Fundraising Event – Saturday 19th August
Subway are hosting a fundraising event on the 19th August 2017 and are inviting everyone to get involved!
They are raising funds for a little girl named Elora Jones, she has got a rare form of cancer that only affects 1% of children called Epedymoma.
She woke up on the eve of her first birthday with her head tilted to 1 side and when she was admitted to hospital they found a tumor the size of an orange on her brain, she has since had several operations, but will need a lot of aftercare.
They are trying to raise money for her to buy a specially adapted wheelchair and also help fund the family home adaptation needs. We have had a few donations from local businesses which has been great, but it would be fantastic if we could get some more that would help.
There will be a tombola, games, competitions and a HUGE raffle prize of a sailing experience – worth more than £500!
9. Eastleigh Lakeside
Lakeside Steam Train: Running daily for Summer Holidays from 24th July
18th August: Punch and Judy. Magic Shows. Face painting
19 August: Big Engines Visiting Loco Weekend
10. Hollywood Bowl, Eastleigh
Suitable for ages: Young Children (4-8), Older Children (9-12) and Teenagers (13-18)
Venue type: Indoor
We’ve got brilliant family entertainment taken care of at the amazing Hollywood Bowl Eastleigh. It’s fantastic fun for all the family with a healthy dose of friendly competition. Whether it’s kids versus kids; kids versus ‘big’ kids or everybody versus everybody else the whole family can battle it out on one of our 20 bowling lanes or on the games in the amusement zone!
11. Marwell Zoo – Interactive Experience with Lego Bricks
The Great Brick Safari: An Interactive Experience with LEGO® Bricks EXCLUSIVE to Marwell Zoo
Over 2 million bricks will be used to make over 80 stunning sculptures representing 25 different species, which are being created by Bordon-based LEGO building company Bright Bricks. Among them will be a 1.5 tonne elephant, a life size Bengal tiger and a trio of Giant panda cubs. Other sculptures will be inspired by our own diverse collection of animals, with a red ruffed lemur, a warthog and a mob of meerkats all featuring on the trail.
12. Eastleigh’s Partyman World
Partyman World is the ultimate family indoor soft play & party centre, come rain or shine, your bound to have fun.
13. Eastleigh Museum
Have you visited Eastleigh Museum before? If not, it’s definitely something you should do!
Discover Eastleigh’s past, and meet Mr and Mrs Brown a local locomotive engine driver and his wife. There is always something new to see with a regularly changing programme of special exhibitions, workshops, talks and events, plus family friendly activities, cafe, and gifts.
14. The Point: Things to do in August
There is lots going on at The Point this summer. Here they are:
- Multi Arts: Monday 24 July – Wednesday 23 August
- Dance Lab: Wednesday 26 July – Saturday 29 July
- Hide: Friday 28 July
- Open Space: Friday 28 July – Friday 04 August
- Elevate Summer School 2017: Monday 31 July – Friday 04 August
- Seussical: Thursday 03 August – Saturday 05 August
- Summer Dance Teacher CPD Day: Saturday 05 August
- European Aerial Dance Festival 2017: Tuesday 08 August – Saturday 19 August
15. VUE Cinema
There is always the option to watch a film in Eastleigh! Check out all times here.
Have more ideas or events happening in Eastleigh? Contact me on: email@example.com