Eastleigh is a vibrant and friendly town made famous through its historical links to the railway which date back to 1838!
Eastleigh has a beautiful location, situated on the river Itchen one of England’s premier fly fishing streams which offers up a great visitor attraction. This alongside the many facilities available in the Town Centre including The Point Theatre, The Swan Shopping Centre and Terrace with its various shops, eateries and family leisure attractions. Twice weekly markets also make Eastleigh a perfect destination to visit.
Eastleigh is perfectly situated between Winchester and Southampton and has a superb range of transport facilities including its rail network and links to both the M27 and M3, making it the ideal base for a trip on the south coast.
Famous people to live in Eastleigh include Benny Hill, Scott Mills and Colin Firth! Come and see the plaque where once stood the old Dairy that Benny Hill used to work in and which probably inspired his classic ‘Ernie, the fastest milkman in the West’!
Location of Defibrillators in Eastleigh Town Centre:
1. Eastleigh Borough Council, Eastleigh House – Upper Market Street, Tel: 023 8068 8000
2. Eastleigh Health Centre – Newtown Road, Tel: 023 8061 2197
3. The Point Theatre – Leigh Road, Tel: 023 8065 2333
4. Swan Centre Control Room – Swan Centre, Tel: 02380 610723
5. Anytime Fitness – Swan Centre, Tel: 023 8001 0247
6. Tesco’s – Wells Place, Tel: 0345 677 9244
7. Phillip Sommereux Dental Surgery– Leigh Road, Tel: 02380 612487