Map & directions
Eastleigh is situated within close proximity to many of the main towns and cities in the south- by car Eastleigh is under 2 hours from central London and just over 15 minutes from both Southampton and Winchester.
Right in the heart of the town is also a two platform train station with routes running to all the main local towns and cities including Southampton Central, Bournemouth, Salisbury, Portsmouth, Winchester and London Waterloo.
There is also a frequent bus service running to the outskirts and surrounding areas of Eastleigh such as Fair Oak, Chandler’s Ford and Southampton.
Eastleigh Travel Info
Whether you are planning a trip to Eastleigh or are a local resident, this page provides useful travel information – and links to all travel service providers – on getting to, from and around the town. You can also access information about public transport at Traveline.
South West Trains for all services from London Waterloo, Southampton, Bournemouth, Weymouth and Portsmouth and all subsequent stations.
Cross Country Trains (serving Southampton Airport Parkway only) for national services.
Southern Trains for services from LondonVictoria and Brighton and subsequent stations. Services to Eastleigh are infrequent.
Rail Information can also be found on the National Rail website.
There are a number of bus operators working in the Eastleigh area, all of which are listed below.
- Bluestar for services to and from the wider Southampton area and Winchester.
- Velvet Bus for service between Eastleigh town centre and the rest of the Borough.
- First Bus for services in the Southampton area and across to the Portsmouth area.
- Uni-link for services between Southampton Airport and Southampton city centre.
- Brijan Tours for services between Eastleigh and Bishop’s Waltham, Waltham Chase, Hedge End and Bitterne.
- Xela Bus for local shopper services in Eastleigh, Chandler’s Ford, Bishopstoke and Fair Oak.
- Traveline provides a full range of public transport.
- Eastleigh Borough Council also has public transport information available on their website.
Eastleigh Borough benefits from three of the Sustrans National Cycle Network (NCN) routes running through it, whilst also having lots of off-road and on-road cycle routes for cyclists to use for both commuting and leisure journeys.
Eastleigh Borough Council has recently launched a new Borough wide cycle network map; an online version can be found here or you can request a paper copy from Laura Kerrigan by calling 023 8068 8478.
The Cycle Journey Planner, available through the Transport Direct website, includes a journey planning facility for cyclists. Visit the Cycle Journey Planner to plan your route.
The Common Wheels Car Club
Commonwheels Car Club is a pay-as-you-go car hire scheme where users can book a car either over the phone or via the internet for a minimum of half an hour and for as long as a vehicle is required.
This is a fantastic initiative for residents of Eastleigh that offers all the benefits of owning a car, without the expense or hassle.
For more information call 0845 602 8030 or visit the Commonwheels Website.