Solar Panels – Register Your Interest – Help Reduce The Cost For Others
Initiative for Eastleigh residents to help make the transition to cleaner energy more economical.
Eastleigh Borough Council have teamed up with other local authorities in Hampshire and iChoosr for Solar Together. This is a group solar panel purchasing scheme.
There is an ambitious target to help the Borough reach carbon neutrality by 2030, as part of the Climate and Environmental Emergency Action Plan. Once installed, Solar Panels provide an ongoing, free, zero carbon source of electricity to power homes and/or heat water.
Solar Together Hampshire is an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage. It is a group-buying scheme, which brings Hampshire households together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price whilst helping you through the process and keeping you informed at every stage.
If you already have solar panels installed you can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system, simply select this option on the website when registering as explained below.
How does it work?
1. Registration: you can register between 15th February and 23rd March for free and without obligation. You do this on the Solar Together Hampshire website. To register you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
2. Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held on 23rd March, when pre-vetted solar installers will bid for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household.
3. Personal recommendation: from 22nd April you will then be contacted with a personal recommendation, based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your solar panel installation.
4. You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 21st May to make a decision and will be invited to visit an information session to find out more. If you accept the offer you will be asked to pay a £150 deposit.*
5. Installation: if you accept, the winning supplier will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of October 2021.
6. Start saving on your electricity costs: after installation you will start saving money by generating your own renewable electricity.
*If the survey finds it impossible to install the panels your deposit will be refunded.
For further details and to register please visit: CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED TO SOLAR TOGETHER